Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rubberbands

Our cats, particularly Sadie, are quite fond of eating most anything off the floor, regardless of the size. Sadie has been known, a few too many times, to eat rubber bands that have fallen on the floor before we find them. We inevitably and thankfully find the regurgitated rubber band, usually on a light colored rug of course, and always have a healthy Sadie in the end. The previous tenants of our apartment here in Jerusalem left a lot of school supplies, including a big box of rubber bands. There have been countless times when I will see a rubber band on the floor and feel a slight panic inside as I worry if Sadie has eaten one on the floor in the other room, and I immediately go to pick it up. Then I remember that she is not here, and I could sprinkle rubber bands all over the floor if I wanted to. I tend to leave the rubber band lying there for a day or two, it being a good reminder of our furry children back in the states. I mentioned this to Rachel and she said she reacts the exact same way. So I guess we are both really tuned in to the welfare of something else, something that really relies on us. I like to think that little things like rubber bands and cats and our similar responses is a good sign that Rachel and I do indeed compliment one another well and will be a good team when we finally are blessed with non-furry but equally adorable human children. Who knew a rubber band could make me think so much. Yup, we sure do miss 'em.

No comments: