Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Am Finally Returning From The Dead

So about 10 days ago I got really sick. Apparently I'd been harboring some funky bacteria/parasites in my GI tract and then I also got a bad case of the flu, all at the same time. I can't remember the last time I was so sick for so long -- totally miserable. Rachel is wonderful as always, and skipped 2 days of ulpan to stay home and take care of me (it is a big deal to miss 2 consecutive days of ulpan). There is a good, reputable medical clinic in Jerusalem that has English speaking doctors, and so I went there and saw a very good doctor. Labs showed one of my medications I take regularly was too high, I'm anemic, dehydrated and needed antibiotics. Rachel left for the states Friday morning, and I chose to stay home and get some of my energy back Friday and Saturday, and I went out today for the first time since last Friday except for the day I went to the doctor. Having absolutely no obligations or commitments is a very cool thing in times like this. So I'm back, and I've already posted some new pictures on DropShot of the egalitarian section of the Western Wall as well as pictures of our day trip to Tel Aviv. I haven 't put captions on yet because DropShot redid their website and I don't know how to do some basic things yet. Oh, and I'm now on Facebook, so check me out. No matter how old I get or what country I'm living in, I still find that I want my Mama to be around to take care of me when I'm sick. I hope I can pass this feeling on to my own kids someday.

No comments: